Tuesday 7 July 2009

Work Experience at Barter and Barrett

Barter and Barrett is a small design studio which is very lime green with two designers working there and rocky the dog. It is based in the Cambridgshire area so it was easy for me to walk there and back each day for two weeks.
I learnt quite alot and what it was like to work in a small enviroment, you had more of a one to one contact with the other designers and the atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly. I found it easier to approach them about the work that I was creating for their business. I had regular briefings and crits with them about the work before they sent it to see what the clients thought of it.

Some of the clients that they have worked with are Play.com, NHS, VW, RSPB. When I went there they were quite surprised that I still planned out my ideas by drawing etc as they said as soon as they went into a design job they just worked mostly digitally but they wished they still worked paper based but you have to work and react quickly to the brief to fit the tight deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment